Old 05-10-2012, 01:55 PM
n dhert

Default Ubuntu Classic in Ubuntu12.04

I replaced my Ubuntu 11.04 by 12.04 (complete reinstall)

In 11.04 I could switch back tot the Ubuntu Classic desktop*

How does one do that in Ubuntu 12.04 ?

Old 05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Colin Law

On 10 May 2012 14:55, n dhert <ndhertubu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I replaced my Ubuntu 11.04 by 12.04 (complete reinstall)
>
> In 11.04 I could switch back tot the Ubuntu Classic desktop
>
> How does one do that in Ubuntu 12.04 ?

You cannot do exactly that, but if you google for ubuntu classic 12.04
you will get 672,000 hits suggesting alternative routes. You cannot
do it directly because it relied on Gnome 2 which is dead.

Personally I suggest sticking with Unity for a few weeks to get used
to it. Many find it very good after the initial learning curve.

Colin

Old 05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Swapnil Bhartiya

I replaced my Ubuntu 11.04 by 12.04 (complete reinstall)

In 11.04 I could switch back tot the Ubuntu Classic desktop

How does one do that in Ubuntu 12.04 ?

Will this help?
http://www.muktware.com/3583/get-gnome-2-panel-ubuntu-1204

~ S