Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 AM
oxy

Default Dual monitor doesnt work with Additional Driver

Hi

I have a perfectly working dual-mon syst.

I go to gnome-control-center > Additional Drivers > ATI/AMD
proprietary graphics driver > Activate ... reboot ...
and restart with mirrored monitors. Goto
gnome-control-center > Displays > unclick Mirror monitors and get:

" The selected configuration for displays could not be applied!
required virtual size does not fit available size:
requested=(2560, 1024),
minimum=(320, 200), maximum=(1280, 1280) "

I press [OK] and get:

" Failed to apply configuration: %s
Bus.Errorrg.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.
Quark._gnome_2drr_2derror_2dquark.Code3:
required virtual size does not fit available size:
requested=(2560, 1024), minimum=(320, 200), maximum=(1280, 1280) "

Deactivate Add driver, reboot and unmirrored dual mon works again.
Any help? Thx...

System: Ubu 12.04 64Bit
Monitors: IIyama prolite E19065 (2x)
Videocard: Radeon HD 6870

Old 05-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Jared Greenwald

Did you try using aticonfig? I haven't used the proprietary ATI
drivers in a long time, but I remember that I had to use that utility
to control the bulk of the config when I was using the non-free
drivers. HTH

Old 05-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Ric Moore