-   -   how to get a clipboard manager onto the top panel in unity in 12.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/664191-how-get-clipboard-manager-onto-top-panel-unity-12-04-a.html)

user1 05-08-2012 07:13 AM

how to get a clipboard manager onto the top panel in unity in 12.04

I tried a lot and now reinstalled clipit.

I have added it to 'startup applications' and logged out and in again

In Clipit - Preferences - I have unmarked 'Use Copy (Ctrl+C)' and marked
'Use Primary (Selection)'

And now it works :-)

But klipper, glipper or parcelllite did not work for me

By the way I am using Unity 2D

Graham Todd 05-08-2012 04:43 PM

how to get a clipboard manager onto the top panel in unity in 12.04

On Tue, 8 May 2012 06:41:09 +0000 (UTC)
user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:

> I find a clipboard manager one of my most important programs as I use
> it all the time.

So do I! But I use parcellite.

Download parcellite either through synaptic or apt-get. Run it through your terminal and you should see a clipboard icon with a P written on it.

Now minimise your terminal,but do not close it.

Finally, reboot and the icon should still be showing.

At least it does on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro) and my homemade desktop computer.

--Graham Todd