Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 PM
"Allen"

Default I gave the wrong info!!

Support,
I guess I didn’t word it properly because I have been getting email thinking that my machine is not booting up properly which is not the case. When I install wubi or any other form of the latest Ubuntu, installing it while in windows it installs and ask to reboot to finish the install. I ok the reboot and then a Ubuntu interface like desktop shows for a few minutes then goes to a black screen with this message:
*
Gave up waiting for root device, Common Problem:
-Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
* -Check root delay = (did the system wait long enough?)
* -Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
-Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/E83C03C23C038AB0 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!
*
Busy Box v1.18.5 (Ubuntu 1:1.18.5 – lubuntu4) built-in shell (ash)
Enter ‘help’ for a list of built-in commands
(initramfs__
*
*
*
ACBess
*

Old 05-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Mika Suomalainen

07.05.2012 18:44, Allen kirjoitti:
> Support,
>
> I guess I didn’t word it properly because I have been getting
> email thinking that my machine is not booting up properly which is
> not the case. When I install wubi or any other form of the latest
> Ubuntu, installing it while in windows it installs and ask to
> reboot to finish the install. I ok the reboot and then a Ubuntu
> interface like desktop shows for a few minutes then goes to a black
> screen with this message:
>

> Gave up waiting for root device, Common Problem:
>
> -Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
>
> -Check root delay = (did the system wait long enough?)
>
> -Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
>
> -Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
>
> ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/E83C03C23C038AB0 does not exist. Dropping
> to a shell!
>

> Busy Box v1.18.5 (Ubuntu 1:1.18.5 – lubuntu4) built-in shell (ash)
>
> Enter ‘help’ for a list of built-in commands
>
> (initramfs__
>

> ACBess

I am sorry, but I cannot help you with your issue. Please note that
you aren't going to get any better help nor faster help by sending
your message to this mailing list multiple times.

PS. Please use plaintext instead of HTML
http://mkaysi.github.com/articles/complaining/HTML.html.
Please don't toppost. You didn't do it in this specific thread, but it
seems that you topposted on those others
http://mkaysi.github.com/articles/complaining/topposting.html .
Guidelines advice to not toppost nor send HTML to this list too.

- --
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728
http://mkaysi.github.com/