Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Olivier Pavilla

Default I'm looking for video editor

Hi everyone.
I'm using Xubuntu 12.04 64bit
I'm not use with video editor. But I'm looking for one. Something simple
and which is not difficult to understand. I would like to make video in
avi or mp4.
Does anyone have idea or any advice for me

Olivier Pavilla
http://www.linux-squad.com
"Les fautes d'orthographes de mes propos sont sous licence Ane bâté 1.0"

Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 AM
David Fletcher

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 08:05 +0200, Olivier Pavilla wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> I'm using Xubuntu 12.04 64bit
> I'm not use with video editor. But I'm looking for one. Something simple
> and which is not difficult to understand. I would like to make video in
> avi or mp4.
> Does anyone have idea or any advice for me

If you can wait a little while this
http://www.lightworksbeta.com/
I believe is also going to be available for Linux users.

Dave

Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Colin Law

On 7 May 2012 07:05, Olivier Pavilla <olivier.pavilla@linux-squad.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> I'm using Xubuntu 12.04 64bit
> I'm not use with video editor. But I'm looking for one. Something simple
> and which is not difficult to understand. I would like to make video in
> avi or mp4.
> Does anyone have idea or any advice for me

Can you be a bit more clear on exactly what you want to do?

avidemux might be suitable.

Colin

Old 05-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Knapp

A very overlooked but easy to use, if you are only doing video
editing, program is Blender 3d. Yes you will need to learn a bit but
that is mostly true of all but the simplest programs.

This video is about rendering an animation but you will want to do the
same thing if you want to work with a film.
A film about this by Andrew Price. He has alot of good ones and you
might want to watch one about the node compositing editor too.
http://vimeo.com/26366908
Render it to openEXR (if you computer is good enough and you want
great color effects in post processing that you might want to do with
blender) or PNG. Then work with it doing effects etc and then render
out your final product as avi or whatever.

Things to think about, post processing using node editor or flare
effects etc. Also go into settings and turn up the buffers to make the
best use of your computers available ram.

A video I did about cutting a film but made before I knew about
rendering as pictures first. It is a bit dated but should help anyway.
Also be sure to get the newest Blender from the site. It tents to be
old in Ubuntu. There is also PPA if you need that methoid but the
download in really easy too, you are not a total newbie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRwrEU6KDYY&feature=g-upl

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:21 PM
squareyes

I'm not use with video editor. But I'm looking for one. Something simple
and which is not difficult to understand. I would like to make video in
avi or mp4.
Does anyone have idea or any advice for me

Hi,
try Openshot, Pitiviti or Kino, all ahve around the same learning curve.
take Care
Winton