Old 05-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Mika Suomalainen

Default Untrusted packages

06.05.2012 22:26, sonny@tekkidd.com kirjoitti:
> Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Mika Suomalainen > It seems that
>> you are missing some GPG keys in apt's keyring. Could
>>> you run "sudo aptitude update" and email the errors to this
>>> list?
>> They
>>> should contain key IDs of the missing keys.
>>>

>> No errors. And after the aptitude update, cw installs without
>> the stern warning. That is rather interesting, thanks for pushing
>> me to do another update (I had done one just an hour previous,
>> and had not noticed any errors at that time).
>>

>>> You can check where aptitude wants to install cw with command
>>> "apt-cache policy cw".
>>>

>> Thanks. I was just being lazy not checking, and I can now confirm
>> that as suspected cw is to be installed from a Canonical repo (I
>> love the pun there).
>>

>> -- Dotan Cohen
>>
>> http://gibberish.co.il http://what-is-what.com

>> settings or unsubscribe at:
>
> That's just the error I'm getting. Hopefully they will push out the
> fix to stable users soon.
>
> And thank you for pointing out proper formatting in this list. I've
> updated my setting to reflect the guidelinds of the mailing list

I think that "aptitude update" and "apt-get update" are required to be
done after receiving the keys, so that might be it.

There is program called launchpad-getkeys, which fixes that problem
automatically
http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/automatically-import-all-missing.html .

You're welcome . Oh, and by the way, there is more information about
the problem which you probably was getting with K9 Mail and this
mailing list here
https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/commit/9e1fa6313904afd566dfc765cc493cf0bbdeab20
if you happen to understand Java (I don't).

- --
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728
http://mkaysi.github.com/

Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Dotan Cohen

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Mika Suomalainen > You're welcome .
Oh, and by the way, there is more information about
> the problem which you probably was getting with K9 Mail and this
> mailing list here
> https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/commit/9e1fa6313904afd566dfc765cc493cf0bbdeab20
> if you happen to understand Java (I don't).

The code checks each character to see if it needs to be MIME encoded.
The extra check for 0x09 is so that Tab characters will not be
encoded. Actually, the comments mention that without digging into
ASCII tables.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il