Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Knapp

Default NFS Ubuntu 11.10

I am having a hell of a time getting NFS to work. I think the problem
is that portmap was removed but I am not to sure.
So I am starting with the basic question of how to you set up NFS on
Kubuntu 11.10
I am quite at home with command line and vim btw.

etc/exports # setting up the server 192.168.2.11 and the client is 192.168.2.45
/home/douglas/KidMovies 192.168.2.45(rw,insecure,async,no_subtree_check)
/home/douglas/Pictures 192.168.2.45(rw,insecure,async,no_subtree_check)

/etc/hosts.allow
portmap: 192.168.2.45
lockd: 192.168.2.45
rquotad: 192.168.2.45
mountd: 192.168.2.45
statd: 192.168.2.45
nfsd: 192.168.2.45

/etc/hosts.deny
ALL: ALL

douglas@FishWorld:~$ sudo showmount -a
[sudo] password for douglas:
clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - Authentication error
douglas@FishWorld:~$ sudo showmount
clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - Authentication error
douglas@FishWorld:~$ sudo showmount -e 192.168.2.11
clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - Authentication error
douglas@FishWorld:~$ sudo showmount -e 192.168.2.45
rpc mount export: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)
douglas@FishWorld:~$

Thanks!

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Knapp

I posted this on MAY 6th and still not one answer! Anyone have any ideas??
Thanks.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Tom H

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Knapp <magick.crow@gmail.com> wrote:

> I posted this on MAY 6th and still not one answer! Anyone have any ideas??
>
> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Knapp <magick.crow@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am having a hell of a time getting NFS to work. I think the problem
>> is that portmap was removed but I am not to sure.
>> So I am starting with the basic question of how to you set up NFS on
>> Kubuntu 11.10
>> I am quite at home with command line and vim btw.
>>
>> etc/exports # setting up the server 192.168.2.11 and the client is 192.168.2.45
>> /home/douglas/KidMovies *192.168.2.45(rw,insecure,async,no_subtree_check)
>> /home/douglas/Pictures 192.168.2.45(rw,insecure,async,no_subtree_check)
>>
>> /etc/hosts.allow
>> portmap: 192.168.2.45
>> lockd: 192.168.2.45
>> rquotad: 192.168.2.45
>> mountd: 192.168.2.45
>> statd: 192.168.2.45
>> nfsd: 192.168.2.45
>>
>> /etc/hosts.deny
>> ALL: ALL
>>
>> douglas@FishWorld:~$ sudo showmount -a
>> [sudo] password for douglas:
>> clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - Authentication error
>> douglas@FishWorld:~$ sudo showmount
>> clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - Authentication error
>> douglas@FishWorld:~$ sudo showmount -e 192.168.2.11
>> clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - Authentication error
>> douglas@FishWorld:~$ sudo showmount -e 192.168.2.45
>> rpc mount export: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)
>> douglas@FishWorld:~$

portmap was replaced by rpcbind.

I don't use hosts.allow and hosts.deny but I think that for rpcbind
you'll have to allow "127.0.0.".