Old 05-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Thomas Blasejewicz

Default change permissions to copy pictures into backgrounds

(2012/05/06 0:17), Colin Law wrote:

On 5 May 2012 15:36, Thomas Blasejewicz<thomas@s7.dion.ne.jp> wrote:

I tried to find answers online, where I got "sudo naut ... " or
"sudo chmod ..." etc. but none of those tricks has worked yet.

If you are doing this in order to set the desktop background then put
the images into your Pictures folder, then right click the desktop and
select Change Desktop Background, Click where it says Wallpapers and
you will be given the option of fetching from your Pictures Folder.

Colin

Thank you.
I somehow figured that out too, but .... in that case
1) window opens (3 options: Wallpaper / Pictures / Colors) -> CLICK
on Pictures

2) CLICK "+"
3) Pictures folder window (contains folder "wallpapers") -> CLICK
(double)

4) select picture (you cannot avoid this)
5) CLICK -> Open
6) BUT, the next time I open the background window, the previous
selected image is NOT listed any longer.

This appears like a rather clumsy solution to me and I would MUCH prefer
to have a default folder with my favorite pictures in it.

(the "Pictures" folder will later on also contain other pictures)

Being denied the option to choose a (any) folder and/or copy my favorite
pictures into the default folder ... there cannot be any "security reasons"

for that kind of limitation, can there???

Old 05-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Colin Law

On 5 May 2012 16:58, Thomas Blasejewicz <thomas@s7.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
> (2012/05/06 0:17), Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 5 May 2012 15:36, Thomas Blasejewicz<thomas@s7.dion.ne.jp> *wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried to find answers online, where I got "sudo naut ... " or
>>>
>>> "sudo chmod ..." etc. but none of those tricks has worked yet.
>>>

>>> If you are doing this in order to set the desktop background then put
>>> the images into your Pictures folder, then right click the desktop and
>>> select Change Desktop Background, *Click where it says Wallpapers and
>>> you will be given the option of fetching from your Pictures Folder.
>>>
>>> Colin
>>>
> Thank you.
> I somehow figured that out too, but .... in that case
> 1) * *window opens (3 options: Wallpaper / Pictures / Colors) -> CLICK on
> Pictures
> 2) * *CLICK "+"
> 3) * *Pictures folder window (contains folder "wallpapers") -> CLICK
> (double)
> 4) * *select picture (you cannot avoid this)

I don't know what you mean by "you cannot avoid this". You can click
Cancel if you don't want to do it.

> 5) * *CLICK -> Open
> 6) * *BUT, the next time I open the background window, the previous selected
> image is NOT listed any longer.

If you select Pictures Folder as the source again, as in your point 1
above, the image you previously selected should be visible. Is it
not?

> This appears like a rather clumsy solution to me and I would MUCH prefer to
> have a default folder with my favorite pictures in it.
> (the "Pictures" folder will later on also contain other pictures)
>
> Being denied the option to choose a (any) folder and/or copy my favorite
> pictures into the default folder ... there cannot be any "security reasons"
> for that kind of limitation, can there???

No, but somebody has to care enough about it to do the work to give
you that feature.

Colin

Old 05-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Thomas Blasejewicz