Old 05-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Thomas Blasejewicz

Default keyring unlock

Good evening
I have a new installation of Ubuntu 12.04

EVERY time I start that computer, I get the following error message:
"login keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into your computer"

BUT, I never did set any keyring (had very bad experiences with that).

This is no real problem, but if there IS a way to avoid that message, I
would like to know.

Thank you.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Christoph

I have a new installation of Ubuntu 12.04

EVERY time I start that computer, I get the following error message:
"login keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into your computer"

BUT, I never did set any keyring (had very bad experiences with that).

This is no real problem, but if there IS a way to avoid that message, I
would like to know.

Thank you.

Maybe it helps to open the keyring application and set the password to
empty. I think you have to unlock the application and then rightclick on
the Key 'folder' which contains the keys. Than choose 'edit password' or
stuff.

Greets, schiff

Old 05-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Thomas Blasejewicz

I have a new installation of Ubuntu 12.04

EVERY time I start that computer, I get the following error message:
"login keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into your computer"

BUT, I never did set any keyring (had very bad experiences with that).

This is no real problem, but if there IS a way to avoid that message, I
would like to know.

Thank you.

Maybe it helps to open the keyring application and set the password to
empty. I think you have to unlock the application and then rightclick
on the Key 'folder' which contains the keys. Than choose 'edit
password' or stuff.

Greets, schiff

Yes, that worked.
Thank you.