Old 05-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Akash Jain

Default Installation Stuck for Ubuntu 12.04 in VMware workstation 8

Hi All,

I'm trying to install ubuntu 12.04 x86 inside vmware workstation 8. However I think the process the stuck. Its just showing "Retrieving file 43 of 105" from the last 45 mins or so.
Is it normal ?

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Bruno Martins

Old 05-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Akash Jain

Its on VM NAT.
I wnt to use vmware only as i have few more virtual machines running there. Ubuntu 11.10 is also running, its just 12.04 which is stuck.

On 05/05/2012 03:02 PM, Akash Jain wrote:

> Hi All,

> I'm trying to install ubuntu 12.04 x86 inside vmware workstation 8.

> However I think the process the stuck. Its just showing "Retrieving

> file 43 of 105" from the last 45 mins or so. Is it normal ?

> Thanks.

What networking settings are you using on that VM?

Have you tried installation of Ubuntu 12.04 32-bits on other

virtualization platform, like VirtualBox?

- --

Bruno Martins

bruno@skorzen.net

(+351) 939 668 667

Old 05-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Akash Jain

My machine is not connected to internet.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Colin Law

On 5 May 2012 15:02, Akash Jain <akash.delhite@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to install ubuntu 12.04 x86 inside vmware workstation 8. However
> I think the process the stuck. Its just showing "Retrieving file 43 of 105"
> from the last 45 mins or so.
> Is it normal ?

Did you check the CD before you started? When booting from it (or
from an image) hit a key when the keyboard icon appears at the bottom.
Then select the option to check the CD, I forget the exact working.

Colin

Old 05-05-2012, 03:21 PM
"compdoc"

> Its just showing "Retrieving file 43 of 105" from the last 45 mins or so.
>Is it normal ?
*
Not normal, no. I've had 12.04 get stuck like that when one of my system had hard drive issues. Of course, it's possible it lost communication with the source. Might just try again.
*

Old 05-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Akash Jain

Unfortunately vmware was using the auto install mode.

When I connected tht machine to internet, and started the installation again, it went smooth.

Just still I dont know why it stuck on that file when I was not plugged to internet

*