-   -   nautilus and ftp (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/663310-nautilus-ftp.html)

Pierre Meurisse 05-05-2012 07:02 AM

nautilus and ftp

Hi !

In 11.10, nautilus doesn't work with ftp any more.
When I type :

nautilus ftp://something in a command window, I get

Nautilus ne reconnaît pas les emplacements «*ftp*» (french)
which means about:
Nautilus doesn't know ftp.

It worked some time ago, and It works with 12.04.

Same thing with just typing "nautilus" and then File - Connect to a server

You could suggest that I switch to 12.04, but it is for a school with 15
machines and teachers who just know the old desktop. The machines are old ones
and I foresee problems which will take time to solve.
So I intend to upgrade during the holidays in July.

Will the problem be solved in 11.04 ?

--
Pierre Meurisse