Old 05-05-2012, 06:09 AM
John D Lamb

Default Problems with not having ms windows when using webbrowsers in ubuntu

On Sat, 2012-05-05 at 04:30 +0000, user1 wrote:
> I am using 12.04 and am constantly having problems with certain webpages
> in firefox mostly when paying with creditcards, even when using google
> chrome.
>
> Some text get garbled during the creditcard payment procedure.
>
> Also I have an internet bank, and am not able to get a digital signature
> because I am using ubuntu linux.
>
> Seems like most banks are using ms windows.
>
> I am not using windows and therefore not using wine.
>
> Any suggestions?

For the first issue, you’d need to be more specific about which websites
are causing problems. I haven’t encountered a problem with credit card
payment in Firefox/linux ever and I’ve been shopping online since 1996.

For the second, change your bank. Seriously. Most banks will handle a
change easily, transferring all your payments and standing orders
seamlessly. I moved an account in November and even my card PIN didn’t
change. The better banks handle Ubuntu, Android and Apple just as well
as they handle Windows. But you don’t get the trojan risks.

--
John D Lamb

Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Basil Chupin