Old 05-04-2012, 09:36 PM
"Joep L. Blom"

Default Xubuntu 12.04 - What happened to .mozilla and .thunderbird?

On 04-05-12 18:16, Albert Wagner wrote:

The files .mozilla and .thunderbird are not installed in home directory
anymore. I used those files. Reinstalling did nothing about them.
Deleting and than installing Firefox did put .mozilla in home. However,
deleting and installing Thunderbird did NOT put .thunderbird in home. I
need .thunderbird, but it is nowhere on my system. What's happened?

I just installed Xubuntu 12.04 as guest under VMware and the mentioned
files are there just as Thunderbird as standard mailer and Firefox as
standard browser. I downloaded the .iso files from the Xubuntu site and
stored them on an external disk. No problems installing.

Joep

Old 05-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Albert Wagner

The files .mozilla and .thunderbird are not installed in home
directory anymore. I used those files. Reinstalling did nothing
about them. Deleting and than installing Firefox did put .mozilla
in home. However, deleting and installing Thunderbird did NOT put
.thunderbird in home. I need .thunderbird, but it is nowhere on my
system. What's happened?

Have you started Thunderbird (for the profile to be created)?

Right. I had forgotten that the profile is created whenever it can't
find one. Thanks to all.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Basil Chupin