Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Oliver Kohll - Mailing Lists

Default Ubuntu 12.04 tomcat 7 caching

Hi,

Anyone know where Tomcat 7 caches files on Ubuntu 12? I'm using Apache Velocity templates stored in

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/agileBase/WEB-INF/templates

After deploying a new template on a test server, the changes don't take effect, even after a tomcat restart. I've tested that the template deployed properly by viewing the content with nano. Note: I'm not using a .war to deploy but copying the files directly to /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/

It's not a cache between the server and the browser because if I change data in the application, that has an effect on the content returned by the template. Hence it's not a browser caching issue either.

It looks like

/var/lib/tomcat7/work/Catalina/localhost/

is only caching compiled JSPs but I've deleted the contents of this between restarts just to be sure. It's not that.

It's obviously not the Velocity in-memory template cache as the restart shows.

I've looked in /tmp and there is a folder

/tmp/tomcat7-tomcat7-tmp

but that contains only files related to JavaMelody, my monitoring system.

I've tested that my template changes should have an effect by testing them on a different development server (manually installed Tomcat 6)

I've also set cachingAllowed="false" in the <Context> tag for my application in

/var/lib/tomcat7/conf/server.xml

Further ideas?

Oliver Kohll

Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Oliver Kohll - Mailing Lists

On 3 May 2012, at 23:06, Oliver Kohll - Mailing Lists wrote:Hi,

Anyone know where Tomcat 7 caches files on Ubuntu 12? I'm using Apache Velocity templates stored in

Er, problem found, please ignore. I had previously used the wrong deploy script, for a different server, which had deployed the templates to a different location, hence I had two copies of the templates. Velocity was configured to look in both locations for templates.
Oliver--