Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Akash Jain

Default Oracle Coherence increasing Swap Utilization

We are using Oracle Coherence on linux servers. However, we noticed that because of Coherence processes running, often our swap utilization % increases too much, sometimes becoming more than 98%, even touched 100% a few times.

Once we kill all the coherence related processes, then it becomes normal.

Is there any way we can make coherence processes to only use a particular size of Swap space ?

Currently increasing swap space is not in our scope.

Please suggest.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Marcos Ortiz

Could you be more specific? This is a Ubuntu's
technical mailing list, so I'm assuming that you are using

Ubuntu to run Oracle Coherence, but to help you in a better way,
we need more information:

- What is Oracle Coherence in short?

- Oracle Coherence is developed in what? C, C++, Java, etc?

- Which version of Ubuntu are you using?

- Which kernel version are you using?

- Which is the current hardware configuration of your server, and
how much RAM do you dedicate to the swap file system?

- Can you start your Coherence processes and send to us the vmstat
output for 1 min? iostat, lsof, free -m would be nice too

Regards

--
Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda (@marcosluis2186)
Data Engineer at UCI