Old 05-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Art Edwards

Default Xubuntu upgrade to 12.04

For those that made this switch, how did it go? Usually I wait a couple
of months for bug resolution. Is that still a good idea?

Art Edwards

Old 05-03-2012, 10:19 AM
"Joep L. Blom"

On 03-05-12 01:13, Art Edwards wrote:

For those that made this switch, how did it go? Usually I wait a couple
of months for bug resolution. Is that still a good idea?

Art Edwards

Art,
I'm always cautious so I downloaded Xubuntu-64-bit.iso to a storage
device and installed it under vmware. Although it requires some tweaking
(don't use easy install!) to get it installed, I have it running now and
I'm pleased by the fact that it installs and runs so smoothly.
Until now I haven't found any problems. For example I just downloaded
Keith Jarrett's Koln concert on youtube in Firefox and it ran
immediately. Sound is perfect images run smoothly (even full screen). Of
course my processors (4-core AMD-Phenom-II) are working reasonably hard
(75% max) but that is to be expected with 2 virtual hosts and about 20
applications running among which wine with a real-time-data-acquisition
windows program.
So until now I'm reasonably satisfied with it although it's still too
early to update my (this) workstation, which is still running 10.04.

Joep