Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 AM
user1

Default Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have used ubuntu the last 4 years, I began using kde 3x and ended up
using 10.10 and gnome 2x very happily

Now I switch between 10.10 and 12.04 planning to use 12.04 as my default

Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04

Old 05-01-2012, 05:49 AM
"G. "

I do, and 11.04. 11.10 was a problem child. THere was always
something breaking.

I am not convinced that Unity is a better way to work then say Gnome.
It is quite slick and when they introduce voice recognition it might
definitely be better.

garyk

Old 05-01-2012, 05:56 AM
John D Lamb

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 05:34 +0000, user1 wrote:
> Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04

Yes.

--
John D Lamb

Old 05-01-2012, 06:09 AM
Gilles Gravier

Hi!

On 01/05/2012 07:34, user1 wrote:
> I have used ubuntu the last 4 years, I began using kde 3x and ended up
> using 10.10 and gnome 2x very happily
>
> Now I switch between 10.10 and 12.04 planning to use 12.04 as my default
>
> Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04

So far, I've moved 2 laptops (including a very old Asus EeePC 900), 1
desktop, and finally after 24H of testing, the home server to 12.04. And
I have to say that I love it!

I would prefer some more configuration options.

I installed (suggested by Robert Spanjaard, here on this list) MyUnity
to configure fonts to my liking (font sizes, I prefer smaller).

I find very good looking, but terrible and dangerous from a privacy
perspective, the fact that the greeter displays the selected user's
background (if you have an adult-only background and somebody walks by
and scrolls through users presented on the greeter, results can be
interesting).

I would like to find a way to get to a greeter with user icons displayed
(more user-friendly).

All in all, I find it very nice, upgrade was smooth, very much so.

All I did after the upgrade, just to clean up last bits was to
re-enable/adapt the 3rd party repositories I had (Medibuntu, Logitech,
Google, MKVTools) and :

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get autoremove

As the updater missed a few...

Gilles.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Colin Law

On 1 May 2012 06:34, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
> I have used ubuntu the last 4 years, I began using kde 3x and ended up
> using 10.10 and gnome 2x very happily
>
> Now I switch between 10.10 and 12.04 planning to use 12.04 as my default
>
> Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04

Yes, loads of people. I am not sure whether asking whether people
like 12.04 comes under the category of "Ubuntu user technical support,
not for general discussions" that this list is for.

Colin

Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 PM
ken

user1 <bqz69@telia.com> writes:

> I have used ubuntu the last 4 years, I began using kde 3x and ended up
> using 10.10 and gnome 2x very happily
>
> Now I switch between 10.10 and 12.04 planning to use 12.04 as my default
>
> Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04

Well, so far so good with me. :-)

Ken

--
If money can't buy happiness, I guess you'll just have to rent it.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Liam Proven

On 1 May 2012 06:34, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
> I have used ubuntu the last 4 years, I began using kde 3x and ended up
> using 10.10 and gnome 2x very happily
>
> Now I switch between 10.10 and 12.04 planning to use 12.04 as my default
>
> Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04

Yes, definitely. I've been running it on a couple of Acer AspireOne
netbooks since the early alpha release and it's been excellent. Unity
works brilliantly on tiny netbook screens and I find it highly usable
on a twin-large-monitor desktop as well.

I have had no real problems with any of the Unity releases. There was
a rough patch between 6.06 and 8.04 - 8.04 itself was stable enough
but things were moving fast then and it was missing things like
functional 3G modem support. Video playback wasn't great, either. And
it was slow to boot.

But since 8.10 there's not been a bad release in my book.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 05-02-2012, 04:27 AM
Olivier Pavilla

I don't use ubuntu anymore. I use Xubuntu 12.04 64 bit because I hate
unity and I hate Gnome 3 look and feel.

Le 01/05/2012 07:34, user1 a crit :
> I have used ubuntu the last 4 years, I began using kde 3x and ended up
> using 10.10 and gnome 2x very happily
>
> Now I switch between 10.10 and 12.04 planning to use 12.04 as my default
>
> Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04

Olivier Pavilla
http://www.linux-squad.com
"Les fautes d'orthographes de mes propos sont sous licence Ane bt 1.0"

Old 05-02-2012, 05:00 AM
chris

On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 06:27 +0200, Olivier Pavilla wrote:
> I don't use ubuntu anymore. I use Xubuntu 12.04 64 bit because I hate
> unity and I hate Gnome 3 look and feel.

+1

Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Russell Cook

I have used ubuntu the last 4 years, I began using kde 3x and ended up
using 10.10 and gnome 2x very happily

Now I switch between 10.10 and 12.04 planning to use 12.04 as my default

Does anybody like ubuntu 12.04

Yes, definitely. I've been running it on a couple of Acer AspireOne
netbooks since the early alpha release and it's been excellent. Unity
works brilliantly on tiny netbook screens and I find it highly usable
on a twin-large-monitor desktop as well.

I have had no real problems with any of the Unity releases. There was
a rough patch between 6.06 and 8.04 - 8.04 itself was stable enough
but things were moving fast then and it was missing things like
functional 3G modem support. Video playback wasn't great, either. And
it was slow to boot.

But since 8.10 there's not been a bad release in my book.

+1 Interestingly this is the only version of Ubuntu since about 8.04
that I've put on a real partition to use daily. I've only tried versions
in Virtual box for the last few years but I really wanted to try Unity.
I don't like Gnome 3, haven't tried MATE, Cinnamon is ok, but a little
immature, I don't like KDE, Xfce is "ok" as is Lxde.... So about time I
tried Unity. So far, I'm enjoying it - intuitive to use. Will know for
sure after a couple of weeks.

--
Kind Regards Russell
Most dogs are nicer and better friends than most people.

Wed May 2 12:30:02 2012
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to
:content-type:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=VLAg/atcVjnADioEkSa3Cm0O9Cb9oIAgh8tREoZx0t0=;
b=CoF+HW9t13HU7MT3nhHCCCwDsoqmgyJXxrr2vbgHKkmpWCRk DHuHrtFxYexEz2wS8G
RX4OUtiWwJK63p8NcRssIyqKBQ7niOOx3rQCXGAZXA+/G/+fDkD23S1NL3lhwL4Ks3Lk
Q4P7SiRJwVMda8Xbywl6WJW18TTSB4GlCrjKBEUkcAhURdgMaw FyVwG45gHFeAnk1wpa
rLKCBxf2FPAJEzJ1pPb2yH3syqUsIo84jKMs8sxf/reJoondgRV71PaRvV7hQJYWi9HR
m+0sic/nIAZCTTC8LvN2HD49qunweyxPvBQyjEp/WnEWuNMuy/yvf2DD7FXGD4P3GGCF
Pkdg==