Old 04-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Eero Volotinen

Default : live forensics spin? advice?

sorry.not possible after successfull dban. eero

30.4.2012 21.15 "Dave Stevens" <geek@uniserve.com> kirjoitti:
A few months ago a client asked me to wipe a disk prior to disposing of an unused windows box. I used DBAN and as far as I could see the erasure worked fine.

Now he wants me to try to recover the data ("No, I don't need a backup, I've taken off all I want!") So I thought that since the unit isn't connected to the internet and isn't likely to be any time soon, that I'd try a live foresnics spin to see if any data is detectable. Does anyone care to recommend one? Or have an opinion about how better to proceed?

Dave

--

It is told that such are the aerodynamics and wing loading of the bumblebee that, in principle, it cannot fly...if all this be true...life among bumblebees must bear a remarkable resemblance to life in the United States.

-- John Kenneth Galbraith, in American Capitalism: The Concept of Countervailing Power