-   -   how to get parcellite onto the 'panel' in unity in ubuntu 12.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/661309-how-get-parcellite-onto-panel-unity-ubuntu-12-04-a.html)

user1 04-30-2012 12:23 PM

how to get parcellite onto the 'panel' in unity in ubuntu 12.04

How to get parcellite onto the 'panel' line in unity in ubuntu 12.04

Jared Norris 04-30-2012 08:57 PM

On 30 April 2012 22:23, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
> How to get parcellite onto the 'panel' line in unity in ubuntu 12.04

Not sure there's an easy way of doing that. As far as recommendations
go it would appear that using ClipIt instead is a better solution [1].
I don't use either program though so I guess try it and see.

[1] http://askubuntu.com/questions/30334/what-application-indicators-are-available

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

Florian Diesch 04-30-2012 09:42 PM

Jared Norris <jrnorris@gmail.com> writes:

> On 30 April 2012 22:23, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
>> How to get parcellite onto the 'panel' line in unity in ubuntu 12.04
>
> Not sure there's an easy way of doing that. As far as recommendations
> go it would appear that using ClipIt instead is a better solution [1].
> I don't use either program though so I guess try it and see.
>
> [1] http://askubuntu.com/questions/30334/what-application-indicators-are-available

ClipIt works fine and is available from the official package sources in 12.04

Florian
--
Indicator applet for Unity that provides the main menu of Gnome Classic:
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/software/classicmenu-indicator/>