Old 04-30-2012, 08:01 AM
oxy

Default kill button on Gnome

Hi,

in old fvwm2 one could create a button called kill,
you click that and click on the window you wanna kill.
Why dont create sth like that on ubuntu?

Since Unity there are several windows getting hard
to kill. They dont have a menu on themselves or on the
desktop top bar. They even dont have the
kill-minimize-maximaze (X - []) buttons to get closed.
Last example now was with the office Impress
color replacer.

I'll create such button on my desktop.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Mika Suomalainen

Hi,

On 30.04.2012 11:01, oxy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in old fvwm2 one could create a button called kill,
> you click that and click on the window you wanna kill.
> Why dont create sth like that on ubuntu?
>
> Since Unity there are several windows getting hard
> to kill. They dont have a menu on themselves or on the
> desktop top bar. They even dont have the
> kill-minimize-maximaze (X - []) buttons to get closed.
> Last example now was with the office Impress
> color replacer.
>
> I'll create such button on my desktop.

You can use alt+f2 and run "xkill" or use
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/10/force-quit-applet-unity-launcher/ .

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728