Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 AM
user1

Default Evolution no contacts after restore user data

I have backuped my userdata in evolution in 10.10 and then restored it
into evolution on 12.04 and everything looks fine.
But when I want to create a new message and click on 'To' there are no
contacts in the contacts list, even as I further have inserted alle my
contacts by hand into the contact list
I have also reinstalled evolution but it does not help?

Old 04-30-2012, 09:36 AM
user1

> help?

I'm running evolution on a hp pavillon laptop.After getting the OS
installed and configured evolution, I did a backup of the evolution on my
desktop version of 12.04 and attempted to restore it to evolution on my
laptop and while it did seem to work, it became corrupted and now won't
load.

I uninstalled multiple times and reinstalled to get the same problem. I
also removed a number of folders trying to get a clean install but ran
into the same problem as soon as restored again.How can I completely
remove evolution so that I can get a truly clean install where the wizard
comes up for set up again once I open it for the first time?

(This an edited copy of same problem by another person)

Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 AM
user1

> I uninstalled multiple times and reinstalled to get the same problem. I
> also removed a number of folders trying to get a clean install but ran
> into the same problem as soon as restored again.How can I completely
> remove evolution so that I can get a truly clean install where the
> wizard comes up for set up again once I open it for the first time?
>
> (This an edited copy of same problem by another person)

I ran: sudo apt-get purge evolution

Then I ran: dpkg -l | grep -i evolution

Then I uninstalled all what grep found exclusive evolution-data-server
and then I uninstalled gnome.

Somehow I managed to get evolution and gnome installed again, but
evolution with all its data was still there.

Now however the contacts function somehow works when I install new
contacts?