Old 04-30-2012, 02:09 AM

Default Ubuntu 12.04 shutoff failure

there seems to be another issue when I updated Ubuntu. Basically I cannot seem to shut it down from the OS. The screen turns dark if not totally turn off but the actual process of it being on continues. If I hold down the power button (it is a laptop) it will eventually turn off. I get the feeling that this is not the optimal way. Any ideas to restore the shutdown process?--