Old 04-29-2012, 07:38 PM
"Bahn, Nathan "

Default Text Recommendation

I'm looking for a good tutorial text -- *CLI, NOT GUI.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html*,*http://www.libreoffice.org/*&*http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument*(Nathan Bahn)

Old 04-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Mika Suomalainen

On 29.04.2012 22:38, Bahn, Nathan wrote:
> I'm looking for a good tutorial text -- CLI, NOT GUI.

> See
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html , http://www.libreoffice.org/ & http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument (Nathan
> Bahn)

I don't understand your question.

If you are looking for tutorial for CLI based text editor, install vim
and run "vimtutor".

If you are looking for tutorial how to use terminal, try running "man
intro".

--
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728

Old 04-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Jonesy

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:38:05 -0400, Bahn, Nathan wrote:

> I'm looking for a good tutorial text -- CLI, NOT GUI.

On keeping honey bees, or raising rabbits?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM
"Bahn, Nathan "

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Jonesy <gmane@jonz.net> wrote:

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:38:05 -0400, Bahn, Nathan wrote:

> I'm looking for a good tutorial text -- *CLI, NOT GUI.

On keeping honey bees, or raising rabbits?

Attention all--

Please accept this apology for being too vague.* I'm looking for a good Linux (C.L.I.) instruction manual -- preferably one with good exercises to complete.* I ask this because I'm tired of being too dependent upon the G.U.I.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Nils Kassube

Bahn, Nathan wrote:
> Please accept this apology for being too vague. I'm looking for a
> good Linux (C.L.I.) instruction manual -- preferably one with good
> exercises to complete. I ask this because I'm tired of being too
> dependent upon the G.U.I.

Try to find something here:
<http://www.tldp.org/guides.html>
<http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.html>