Old 04-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Heinz Diehl

Default Re: what does this file mean? C: ppdf32Logdebuglog.txt

On 29.04.2012, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:

> Is there a particular reason you need to use Adobe Reader?

It has sharp fonts, which isn't the case with evince. That's the main
showstopper for me.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 13:20 +0200, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:
> Is there a particular reason you need to use Adobe Reader? I
> personally abandoned it years ago in favour of Evince, and I haven't
> looked back. I can only remember one instance I had problems opening a
> PDF, and that was in regard to security settings being interpreted
> wrongly. That was over a year ago though, and it might no longer be an
> issue.
>
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Piscium <groknok@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 April 2012 05:20, Darlene Wallach
> <freepalestin@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> > What does this file mean? I don't understand how I got it in
> my home directory
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Darlene Wallach
> >
> > $ cat C:
ppdf32Logdebuglog.txt

> It was only last week that I realised I had that file in my
> home
> directory. I do have Acrobat Reader installed, but I have had
> it for
> ages, so why is it that only recently the file
> "C:
ppdf32Logdebuglog.txt" appeared on my home directory?
> Something changed, most likely in Acrobat Reader, though it
> could also
> be in Firefox or Seamonkey.
>
> Last week when I found the file I deleted it, and today it was
> there
> again. I deleted it again, googled for a PDF within FF, opened
> it
> within FF, and presto, "C:
ppdf32Logdebuglog.txt"
> reappeared. I
> am using Acrobat Reader v. 9.5.1 03/07/2012 and the most
> recent
> versions of FF (12) and Seamonkey (2.9) (all upstream Linux
> builds).
> Anyway it is good to know this is not malware, so I am not
> particularly bothered.
> Guidelines:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

And you are still using evince. Evince was supposed to be te universal
file opener but it fails in most cases, xdg-open is the program to use.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Roger

<snip>
It was only last week that I realised I had that file in my home
directory. I do have Acrobat Reader installed, but I have had it for
ages, so why is it that only recently the file
"C:
ppdf32Logdebuglog.txt" appeared on my home directory? Something
changed, most likely in Acrobat Reader, though it could also be in
Firefox or Seamonkey. Last week when I found the file I deleted it, and
today it was there again. I deleted it again, googled for a PDF within
FF, opened it

</snip>

I have found that a good way to delete such files is from the terminal
rather than the GUI.

First rename the file from say .txt to .txx then delete the altered file.
Roger

Old 04-30-2012, 03:32 AM
Tim

On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 10:26 +1000, Roger wrote:
> First rename the file from say .txt to .txx then delete the altered
> file.

Why bother doing that? Just delete the file.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.