Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Ric Moore

Default Ubuntu 12.04 video is odd

On 04/28/2012 03:07 PM, mdovell@comcast.net wrote:

I recently updated. No data loss but for some reason some videos seem to
have a blue tint. This is only on some youtube videos but it is odd.
I've read it is something with flash. I enabled html5 on the site and I
thought that worked but some videos are still blue. Any ideas?

I've asked several times lately, no replies. I have the very same
problem. Plus, local playback of the files when I've dnloaded them still
have the bluish tint. Maddening. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 04-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Kaj Haulrich

I recently updated. No data loss but for some reason some videos seem to
have a blue tint. This is only on some youtube videos but it is odd.
I've read it is something with flash. I enabled html5 on the site and I
thought that worked but some videos are still blue. Any ideas?

Flash bug, especially with Nvidia driver.. Right-clicl in the flash
window --> settings --> deselect hardware hardware accelleration.
Restart browser.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
--- Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer---
--------- Running Linux Kubuntu 12.04 ---------

Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Ric Moore

I recently updated. No data loss but for some reason some videos seem to
have a blue tint. This is only on some youtube videos but it is odd.
I've read it is something with flash. I enabled html5 on the site and I
thought that worked but some videos are still blue. Any ideas?

Flash bug, especially with Nvidia driver.. Right-clicl in the flash
window --> settings --> deselect hardware hardware accelleration.
Restart browser.

Thanx, that worked. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 04-29-2012, 04:36 AM
Basil Chupin

I recently updated. No data loss but for some reason some videos seem to
have a blue tint. This is only on some youtube videos but it is odd.
I've read it is something with flash. I enabled html5 on the site and I
thought that worked but some videos are still blue. Any ideas?

I've asked several times lately, no replies. I have the very same
problem. Plus, local playback of the files when I've dnloaded them
still have the bluish tint. Maddening. Ric

It is to do with Adobe Flash. Adobe know about but will not fix as they
now don't do Flash anymore (or some such). The problem is with the
latest Flash so going back one version will fix the blue colour.

BC

--
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
Sir Winston Churchill