Old 04-28-2012, 07:50 PM

Default Ubuntu 12.04 odd errors

I recently upgraded but there have been a few errors I've found.
1) Some of the videos on youtube have blue people. I read it is flash related and putting html5 on worked a tad but there are still some with blue tones. I could understand this more if it was all videos or all sites but something is making some of the videos on youtube blue
2) Sometime the text in the menu bar area appears to not be anti aliasing right. A slight green or blue bleed happens
3) Some compiz items cause it to crash. Expo in particular. Considering the earlier issues of compiz with unity this is pretty minor
Any ideas on how to solve these ones?--

Old 05-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Sam Sebastian

1) Youtube only uses html5 for videos that do not have advertisements,
and falls back to the standard flash for ones that do because of
something with the way that they deliver ads, in one of the other
email threads it was mentioned that this has something to do with the
nvidia drivers and can be fixed either by rolling back the flash to a
earlier version or changing the flash prefs to not use hardware
acceleration

Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Carlos Alberto Alves

1) Youtube only uses html5 for videos that do not have advertisements,
and falls back to the standard flash for ones that do because of
something with the way that they deliver ads, in one of the other
email threads it was mentioned that this has something to do with the
nvidia drivers and can be fixed either by rolling back the flash to a
earlier version or changing the flash prefs to not use hardware
acceleration

But how do I do those things??? I did not find any directions on the
Internet on how to do both things. I right-clicked over a flash movie in
Youtube, clicked the "hardware acceleration" checkbox, but the dialog
box got frozen... :|

Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Mika Suomalainen

Old 05-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Jim Byrnes

1) Youtube only uses html5 for videos that do not have
advertisements, and falls back to the standard flash for ones
that do because of something with the way that they deliver ads,
in one of the other email threads it was mentioned that this has
something to do with the nvidia drivers and can be fixed either
by rolling back the flash to a earlier version or changing the
flash prefs to not use hardware acceleration

But how do I do those things??? I did not find any directions on
the Internet on how to do both things. I right-clicked over a flash
movie in Youtube, clicked the "hardware acceleration" checkbox, but
the dialog box got frozen... :|

Which web browser are you using? I think that Flash is only supported
on Google Chrome, which you can get from https://www.google.com/chrome .

- --
Mika Suomalainen

I don't know how to fix your problem but I do know that flash is
supported in Firefox.

Regards, Jim

Old 05-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Mika Suomalainen

02.05.2012 21:45, Jim Byrnes kirjoitti:
> On 05/02/2012 01:38 PM, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

>>> But how do I do those things??? I did not find any directions
>>> on the Internet on how to do both things. I right-clicked over
>>> a flash movie in Youtube, clicked the "hardware acceleration"
>>> checkbox, but the dialog box got frozen... :|
>>
>> Which web browser are you using? I think that Flash is only
>> supported on Google Chrome, which you can get from
>> https://www.google.com/chrome .
>>

>> - -- Mika Suomalainen
>
> I don't know how to fix your problem but I do know that flash is
> supported in Firefox.
>
> Regards, Jim

I was referring to
http://admin.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/adobe-adandons-flash-on-linux/ .
I just checked and the current version seems to be 11.2 r31 in Chrome,
so that probably didn't start affecting yet.

- --
Mika Suomalainen
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 4DB53CFE82A46728
Key fingerprint = 24BC 1573 B8EE D666 D10A AA65 4DB5 3CFE 82A4 6728

I use GPG/INLINE, because some mailing list programs modify the headers
of messages and this way make signature.asc files (PGP/MIME)
unverifiable. Please remove lines about beginning and ending GPG
signature blocks in your replies to messages, which are sent by me.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Steve Flynn