Old 04-28-2012, 05:55 PM
"compdoc"

Default Launcher labels

I'm having a hard time trying to google this up. Does anyone know a way to
disable the labels that pop up when the mouse pointer hovers over an icon on
the Launcher bar?

When I click the Dash Home icon, a label pops up saying "Dash Home" and I
can't see what I'm typing into the search area.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Liam Proven

On 28 April 2012 18:55, compdoc <compdoc@hotrodpc.com> wrote:
> I'm having a hard time trying to google this up. Does anyone know a way to
> disable the labels that pop up when the mouse pointer hovers over an icon on
> the Launcher bar?
>
> When I click the Dash Home icon, a label pops up saying "Dash Home" and I
> can't see what I'm typing into the search area.

I don't think you can, no. With many icons not being uniquely
distinctive, it would be hard to use without the tips appearing.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 04-28-2012, 08:06 PM
"compdoc"

Turns out that if you log into the Ubuntu 2D session, the problem goes away.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Colin Law

On 28 April 2012 21:06, compdoc <compdoc@hotrodpc.com> wrote:
> Turns out that if you log into the Ubuntu 2D session, the problem goes away.

You had best report a bug then, the tooltip (if that is the right
word) should not cover the Dash search field.

Colin