Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 PM
"Jake Maier"

Default downloading problem of ubuntu 12.04

Hi
I’m new to ubuntu. I successfully installed ubuntu 11.10 2 days ago, and yesterday saw that there is a new version 12.04 available. I tried to download the iso file from the website and the first 100 mb downloaded OK but then the download stops with the message download complete even so only a small fraction of the file downloaded. I did that several times (10?) and each time between 70 and 150 mb downloaded. The download stops normally with a download completed message. I used windows 7 and firefox for the download.
Thank you very much for your time
Jake
*

Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 PM

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:58, Jake Maier <j.m@jmforestry.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I’m new to ubuntu. I successfully installed ubuntu 11.10 2 days ago, and
> yesterday saw that there is a new version 12.04 available. I tried to
> download the iso file from the website and the first 100 mb downloaded OK
> but then the download stops with the message download complete even so only
> a small fraction of the file downloaded. I did that several times (10?) and
> each time between 70 and 150 mb downloaded. The download stops normally with
> a download completed message. I used windows 7 and firefox for the download.

> Thank you very much for your time

if you already installed 11.10, you can just log into that and upgrade:

in a terminal: do-release-upgrade

which should upgrade you from 11.10 to 12.04 LTS.