Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Joaquin Nadal Dura

Default Remove switch user from unity top left menu on precise

Hello,

I was searching[1] to know how to remove "switch user" from unity top
left menu (dock?) on precise but I didn't find a solution.

It's a bit annoying that the right-click don't show the usual menu options.

Your help will be appreciated

Thanks. Best regards,

[1] http://askubuntu.com/questions/tagged/unity?sort=faq

--
ximo.nadal@ific.uv.es

Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Paul Sladen

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Joaquin Nadal Dura wrote:
> It's a bit annoying that the right-click don't show the usual menu
> options.

Right-click on an indicator shows precisely the same indicator/menu
contents as left-click. This is intentional, to provide greater
consistency. Are you seeing something where this is not the case?

-Paul

Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Joaquin Nadal Dura

On 04/27/2012 01:40 PM, Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Joaquin Nadal Dura wrote:
>> It's a bit annoying that the right-click don't show the usual menu
>> options.
>
> Right-click on an indicator shows precisely the same indicator/menu
> contents as left-click. This is intentional, to provide greater
> consistency. Are you seeing something where this is not the case?

Hi,

In lucid you can "Remove From Panel" just right-clicking.

Maybe this is a "new feature" but in my opinion the "expected feature"
is the one on lucid.

BR,

--
ximo.nadal@ific.uv.es

Old 04-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Florian Diesch

Joaquin Nadal Dura <ximo.nadal@ific.uv.es> writes:

> I was searching[1] to know how to remove "switch user" from unity top
> left menu (dock?) on precise but I didn't find a solution.

Open a terminal and run

gesettings set com.canonical.indicator.session user show-menu false

or download Unsettings
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/software/unsettings> and switch off
Panel > Show user menu

Florian
--
Indicator applet for Unity that provides the main menu of Gnome Classic:
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/software/classicmenu-indicator/>

Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Joaquin Nadal Dura

On 04/28/2012 02:41 AM, Florian Diesch wrote:
> Joaquin Nadal Dura <ximo.nadal@ific.uv.es> writes:
>
>> I was searching[1] to know how to remove "switch user" from unity top
>> left menu (dock?) on precise but I didn't find a solution.
>
> Open a terminal and run
>
> gsettings set com.canonical.indicator.session user-show-menu false

Hello,

It worked per user, are there a way to do it for all users?

I was looking in "dconf Editor" but I didn't find a way.

Thanks. Best regards,

--
ximo.nadal@ific.uv.es