Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 AM
oxy

Default Force setting standard paper A4

Hi,

every day I send a print job to the big printer, run 20m over the corredor
to read: "Insert us-letter". At ubuntu sys-settings it is A4, on /etc/cups
there is nothing about us-letter.

Why this print menu insists on us-letter as default?

Ubuntu: 12.04
OBS: off course i could every time change it by hand when sending
the job, but computers were thought to make life easier :-)

Old 04-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Oliver Grawert

hi,
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 11:56:34 +0200
oxy <oxyopes@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> every day I send a print job to the big printer, run 20m over the
> corredor to read: "Insert us-letter". At ubuntu sys-settings it is
> A4, on /etc/cups there is nothing about us-letter.
>
> Why this print menu insists on us-letter as default?
iirc that gets set based on the timezone that was selected at install
time or so ...

try:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure libpaper1

ciao