Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 AM
oxy

Default getting rid of old tricks?

Hi,

ubu 12.04 is freezing relatively offen for me.
Everytime i try Ctrl-Alt-F1 and it doesnt work.
Now why? In my old fvwm unix boxes it always
saved my life. Some priority issue?

I'd enjoy having it back (off course when the
comp freezes, not when its running fine)

thx

Old 04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Colin Law

On 27 April 2012 10:19, oxy <oxyopes@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ubu 12.04 is freezing relatively offen for me.
> Everytime i try Ctrl-Alt-F1 and it doesnt work.
> Now why? In my old fvwm unix boxes it always
> saved my life. Some priority issue?

Anything in syslog when you get it going again? Could it be a
hardware problem? Try running memtest for a few hours (from the boot
menu).

Colin