Old 04-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Hans Muecke

Default Bluetooth after upgrade to 12.04

Howdy folks ...

After a little bumpy upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04 everything seems to be
fine. However ... bluetooth has stopped working. When connecting from my
blackberry I am told that a connection has been established. However on
the desktop the icon in system tray stays gray (or better never has
gotten blue since the upgrade) and "lspci" doesn't show the bluetooth stick.

I found a bug at http://goo.gl/91zG7 which according to my understanding
was solved with kernel 3.4.0-030400rc3-generic x86_64, so I am not sure
if this applies to my problem.

Anyone having the same problem?

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (134 to go)

2012/04/26 15:20
EDDS 261520Z 36008KT CAVOK 18/07 Q1010 NOSIG

Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
"G. "

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Hans Muecke
<ubuntu-ml01@filderstadtweather.eu> wrote:
> Howdy folks ...
>
> After a little bumpy upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04 everything seems to be
> fine. However ... bluetooth has stopped working. When connecting from my
> blackberry I am told that a connection has been established. However on
> the desktop the icon in system tray stays gray (or better never has
> gotten blue since the upgrade) and "lspci" doesn't show the bluetooth stick.
>
> I found a bug at http://goo.gl/91zG7 which according to my understanding
> was solved with kernel 3.4.0-030400rc3-generic x86_64, so I am not sure
> if this applies to my problem.
>
> Anyone having the same problem?
>
> --
> Talk to you later ... Hans (134 to go)
>
> 2012/04/26 15:20
> EDDS 261520Z 36008KT CAVOK 18/07 Q1010 NOSIG

Was working for me for a few weeks then yesterday it stopped working.
The automated reporting presumably sent in a report.

garyk

Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Colin Law

On 26 April 2012 18:58, G. <pegngaryubuntu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Hans Muecke
> <ubuntu-ml01@filderstadtweather.eu> wrote:
>> Howdy folks ...
>>
>> After a little bumpy upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04 everything seems to be
>> fine. However ... bluetooth has stopped working. When connecting from my
>> blackberry I am told that a connection has been established. However on
>> the desktop the icon in system tray stays gray (or better never has
>> gotten blue since the upgrade) and "lspci" doesn't show the bluetooth stick.
>>
>> I found a bug at http://goo.gl/91zG7 which according to my understanding
>> was solved with kernel 3.4.0-030400rc3-generic x86_64, so I am not sure
>> if this applies to my problem.
>>
>> Anyone having the same problem?
>>
>> --
>> Talk to you later ... Hans (134 to go)
>>
>> 2012/04/26 15:20
>> EDDS 261520Z 36008KT CAVOK 18/07 Q1010 NOSIG
>>

>> --
>
> Was working for me for a few weeks then yesterday it stopped working.
> The automated reporting presumably sent in a report.

I don't think it will have sent in a report without asking you. Also,
unless there was a crash of some sort then it will not automatically
have known that something is wrong.

Colin