-   -   Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/659819-ubuntu-12-04-lts-here.html)

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor 04-26-2012 10:33 AM

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here[1] I think so.

[1]http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/----------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh

2048R/89C932E1
Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh && Mozilla Reps

01199151550

"Kevin O'Gorman" 04-26-2012 02:03 PM

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor
<ashickur.noor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here[1] I think so.
>
> [1]http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/

Then I'm not sure why my Update Manager is not offering an upgrade to
me. I checked my settings,
and it should be offering any LTS upgrade that occurs.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor 04-26-2012 02:08 PM

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here

I have just checked. It is offering for upgrade to 12.04----------------------------------------------------------

Colin Law 04-26-2012 02:11 PM

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here

On 26 April 2012 15:03, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor
> <ashickur.noor@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here[1] I think so.
>>
>> [1]http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/
>
> Then I'm not sure why my Update Manager is not offering an upgrade to
> me. *I checked my settings,
> and it should be offering any LTS upgrade that occurs.

Though the image has been released perhaps the updates may not have
worked their way through the mirrors yet.

Colin

"Kevin O'Gorman" 04-26-2012 02:12 PM

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 7:08 AM, <Lucas.Betschart@crypto.ch> wrote:
>> Then I'm not sure why my Update Manager is not offering an upgrade to me. *I checked my settings, and it should be offering any LTS upgrade that occurs.
>
> Maybe it's not avaiable yet on your Mirror?

Maybe. It's mirror.math.ucdavis.edu.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Samsul Maarif 04-26-2012 03:15 PM

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here[1] I think so.
>
> [1]http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/
> Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh <http://goo.gl/238Ck>
> 2048R/89C932E1 <http://goo.gl/TkP5U>
> Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh <http://fossbd.org/> && Mozilla
> Reps<http://reps.mozilla.org>
> 01199151550

For me, torrent is always a good choise :D

Regards,
samsulmaarif_

blog : http://www.samsul.web.id http://blog.samsul.web.id

--
Sent from SeaMonkey mail client in Linux system

Kipton Moravec 04-26-2012 03:32 PM

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 22:15 +0700, Samsul Maarif wrote:
> Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
> > Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here[1] I think so.
> >
> > [1]http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/
> > Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh <http://goo.gl/238Ck>
> > 2048R/89C932E1 <http://goo.gl/TkP5U>
> > Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh <http://fossbd.org/> && Mozilla
> > Reps<http://reps.mozilla.org>
> > 01199151550
> >

> For me, torrent is always a good choise :D
>
> Regards,
> samsulmaarif_

I downloaded a couple variants including Lubuntu using the torrent. I
am now uploading about 200 kb/sec to the torrent. It will get my torrent
ratio nice and high for future downloads.

That is the best way to do it. And a way to give back.

Kip

"Kevin O'Gorman" 04-26-2012 03:43 PM

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Kipton Moravec <kip@kdream.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 22:15 +0700, Samsul Maarif wrote:
>> Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
>> > Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here[1] I think so.
>> >
>> > [1]http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/
>> > Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh <http://goo.gl/238Ck>
>> > 2048R/89C932E1 <http://goo.gl/TkP5U>
>> > Volunteer, FOSS Bangladesh <http://fossbd.org/> && Mozilla
>> > Reps<http://reps.mozilla.org>
>> > 01199151550
>> >

>> For me, torrent is always a good choise :D
>>
>> Regards,
>> samsulmaarif_
>
> I downloaded a couple variants including Lubuntu using the torrent. *I
> am now uploading about 200 kb/sec to the torrent. It will get my torrent
> ratio nice and high for future downloads.
>
> That is the best way to do it. And a way to give back.
>
> Kip

Okay, I'll bite. Somebody point me to the instructions for setting up
a torrent. I now have enough bandwidth to make it worth-while.
(Using ADSL, when I DL'd anything, my pipeline was swamped with no
room for improvement).

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Marius Gedminas 04-26-2012 04:00 PM

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 08:43:42AM -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> Okay, I'll bite. Somebody point me to the instructions for setting up
> a torrent.

There's nothing special you need to do to seed a pre-existing torrent;
simply click on a .torrent file in http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/,
and Transmission (installed by default in Ubuntu, I think?) will start
downloading it, and then it is finished, it will start seeding.

Marius Gedminas
--
If you sat a monkey down in front of a keyboard, the first thing typed would be
a unix command.

Kipton Moravec 04-26-2012 04:29 PM

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is here

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 19:00 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 08:43:42AM -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> > Okay, I'll bite. Somebody point me to the instructions for setting up
> > a torrent.
>
> There's nothing special you need to do to seed a pre-existing torrent;
> simply click on a .torrent file in http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/,
> and Transmission (installed by default in Ubuntu, I think?) will start
> downloading it, and then it is finished, it will start seeding.
>
> Marius Gedminas

You can also look in the options and limit the upload speed, so if you
do not have a high speed path it will not take it all. And you can have
one speed during the day when you are working, and another speed for
night when no one is on.

Kip