Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 AM
James Mutuku

Default Mirroring

can i set this on a running server? or will I have to reinstall?

On 4/26/12, J. Bakshi <bakshi12@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:45:06 +0300
> James Mutuku <listmutuku@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a running ubuntu server and I want to connect a second harddisk
>> that will be a mirrror. what is the best way to approach this
>>

> RAID-I

Best Regards,
James Mutuku Ndeti
Agile Systems Limited
+254722490994
www.agile.co.ke
www.zetu.co.ke

Has your organization implemented a customer relationship management
(CRM)system? visit http://www.agile.co.ke/crm.php and find out how our
CRM can help you achieve better customer satisfaction and sales

Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 AM
"J. Bakshi"

Yes, on running server. google is your friend :-)

http://www.howtoforge.com/software-raid1-grub-boot-debian-etch

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:41:23 +0300

Old 04-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Avi Greenbury

James Mutuku wrote:

> I have a running ubuntu server and I want to connect a second harddisk
> that will be a mirrror. what is the best way to approach this

That depends what you mean by 'mirror'; what do you want to get out of
this, what are you protecting against or preparing for?

--
Avi

Old 04-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Ric Moore

can i set this on a running server? or will I have to reinstall?

I have a running ubuntu server and I want to connect a second harddisk
that will be a mirrror. what is the best way to approach this

RAID-I

Please don't top post, try to make sense of that exchange. It hurts the
mind. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 04-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Asif Iqbal

can i set this on a running server? or will I have to reinstall?

I have a running ubuntu server and I want to connect a second harddisk

that will be a mirrror. what is the best way to approach this

RAID-I

Please don't top post, try to make sense of that exchange. It hurts the mind. Ric

+1
--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu

Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
chris

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 16:57 -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> On 04/26/2012 05:41 AM, James Mutuku wrote:
> can i set this on a running server? or will I have to
> reinstall?
>
> On 4/26/12, J. Bakshi<bakshi12@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:45:06 +0300
> James Mutuku<listmutuku@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a running ubuntu server and I
> want to connect a second harddisk
> that will be a mirrror. what is the
> best way to approach this
>

> RAID-I
>

> Please don't top post, try to make sense of that exchange. It
> hurts the mind. Ric
>

> +1
>

> --
> Asif Iqbal
> PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

+2

Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Paulo Sampaio

Try searching for "RAID1 with mdadm", that's the recommended way if you'll use the RAID1 only under linux.

Atenciosamente,
__
Paulo Sampaio

http://devio.us/~psampaio/