Old 04-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Bill Stanley

Default Restoring the old gnome desktop

I knew I was going to regret switching to the Unity desktop and I was
right! I was assured that I could choose to use the Classic Gnome
desktop if I didn't like Unity. I ungraded to version 11.10 and I can't
find how to choose the classic desktop. On the previous version, I
could at least choose to use the Gnome Classic desktop.

I did go to the software repository and downloaded Gnome 3. I thought
that would restore the Gnome desktop (No dice). I looked at the Help
menu and I was unable to find it. So the question is... What must I do
to get back to the Gnome desktop.

Bill Stanley