Old 04-25-2012, 12:50 PM
nidhin das

Default can't install ubuntu 11.04 on my asus x43t laptop

At the menu, highlight option 1 and edit the boot options.find "quiet" and "splash" and change to "noquiet" and "nosplash" *and
also add "nomodeset"Now boot that configuration.Hopefully you'll get either some indication what the problem was or
you'll eventually get a displayed screen. Let us know what the outcomeis.you might find reading this helps:https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-in/2011-July/010675.html

i did quiet" and "splash" and change to "noquiet" and "nosplash" *and
also add "nomodeset*after booting the loading window is shown.. solve the display switch off problem.

now it shows a new error message.[7/861400] init: udpu-fallback - grapthics main process (867) terminated with status 1 [8.408262) usb2-4: new full speed usb device number3 using ohci_hcd.

here it stuck....how can i move forward??

Old 04-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Steve Flynn

On 25 April 2012 13:50, nidhin das <nidhindas33@gmail.com> wrote:

> i did quiet" and "splash" and change to "noquiet" and "nosplash" *and
> also add "nomodeset
> after booting the loading window is shown.. solve the display switch off
> problem.
>
> now it shows a new error message.
> [7/861400] init: udpu-fallback - grapthics main process (867) terminated
> with status 1 [8.408262) usb2-4: new full speed usb device number3 using
> ohci_hcd.
>
> here it stuck....
> how can i move forward??

Are you sure that error messages is "udpu-fallback" and not
"udev-fallback-graphics"?

You might be hitting the same bug as reported in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/941340. It too is
on an Asus machine.

reading that bug report the issue appeared to be tracked down to a
faulty BIOS, for which ASUS have released a fix. Feel like upgrading
your BIOS to the latest version and see if it fixes anything?

--
Steve