Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Nils Kassube

Default Upgrade to 12.04 from CD

Colin Law wrote:
> Arghh, no it isn't. The option is available along with Install
> Alongside and so on, but the Upgrade option is not selectable.
> Perhaps this will not be enabled until the final release.

Which CD did you try? IIRC, you can only upgrade from the alternate CD,
not the LiveCD.

Nils

Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Colin Law

On 25 April 2012 11:29, Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote:
>> Arghh, no it isn't. *The option is available along with Install
>> Alongside and so on, but the Upgrade option is not selectable.
>> Perhaps this will not be enabled until the final release.
>
> Which CD did you try? IIRC, you can only upgrade from the alternate CD,
> not the LiveCD.

The option was added to the live CD a couple of releases ago. As I
said it is now presenting me with the option but it is not selectable.
I wonder whether that code is some of the last to be finalised and
therefore may not be reliable until the final release, so it is
disabled till then. I may just have to wait a few more days.

Colin

Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Colin Law

On 25 April 2012 11:38, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 25 April 2012 11:29, Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Colin Law wrote:
>>> Arghh, no it isn't. *The option is available along with Install
>>> Alongside and so on, but the Upgrade option is not selectable.
>>> Perhaps this will not be enabled until the final release.
>>
>> Which CD did you try? IIRC, you can only upgrade from the alternate CD,
>> not the LiveCD.
>
> The option was added to the live CD a couple of releases ago. *As I
> said it is now presenting me with the option but it is not selectable.
> *I wonder whether that code is some of the last to be finalised and
> therefore may not be reliable until the final release, so it is
> disabled till then. *I may just have to wait a few more days.

I have now got the released desktop i386 12.04 CD image and still have
the problem that though I am presented with the option to upgrade from
the CD, the option is disabled. After some experimentation I
discovered that it is only enabled if the PC has internet access which
seems a bit odd as one of the reasons for upgrading from CD is because
the PC does not have such access.

Unless anyone can suggest a good reason for this I think a bug report
is in order (I can't see it on launchpad).

Colin