-   -   equivalent of yum-security in ubuntu server (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/659440-equivalent-yum-security-ubuntu-server.html)

Miguel Gonzalez 04-25-2012 10:26 AM

equivalent of yum-security in ubuntu server

Hi,

*I'm new in the list. I'm administering several CentOS and I have a cron job that checks using yum security check from google which packages needs to be updated showing the CVE info.

*However, I can't find any solution for Ubuntu that doesn't require freezing or blocking some repositories. I don't want to interfere in the normal use of the apt-get package manager. I just want to get a list of packages that need to be updated from the security point of view.

*Regards,

*Miguel