Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Colin Law

Default Upgrade to 12.04 from CD

I wish to upgrade a machine with 11.10 to 12.04 using the live CD,
which I thought was possible. I boot from the daily build CD and
select install and it tells me that I have 11.10 and 10.04 installed
(which is correct) but does not give me the option of upgrading the
11.10 partition. Is what I am trying to do not possible?

Colin

Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Colin Law

On 25 April 2012 09:41, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I wish to upgrade a machine with 11.10 to 12.04 using the live CD,
> which I thought was possible. *I boot from the daily build CD and
> select install and it tells me that I have 11.10 and 10.04 installed
> (which is correct) but does not give me the option of upgrading the
> 11.10 partition. *Is what I am trying to do not possible?

OK, sorted. The upgrade option is apparently not offered if there are
multiple versions of Ubuntu installed. I removed the old version so
that only 11.10 was present and now I am offered the upgrade.

It is my wifes machine so hopefully I will not mess it up. Mine has
been running 12.04 for some time.

Colin

Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Colin Law

On 25 April 2012 10:05, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 25 April 2012 09:41, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I wish to upgrade a machine with 11.10 to 12.04 using the live CD,
>> which I thought was possible. *I boot from the daily build CD and
>> select install and it tells me that I have 11.10 and 10.04 installed
>> (which is correct) but does not give me the option of upgrading the
>> 11.10 partition. *Is what I am trying to do not possible?
>
> OK, sorted. *The upgrade option is apparently not offered if there are
> multiple versions of Ubuntu installed. *I removed the old version so
> that only 11.10 was present and now I am offered the upgrade.

Arghh, no it isn't. The option is available along with Install
Alongside and so on, but the Upgrade option is not selectable.
Perhaps this will not be enabled until the final release.

Colin