-   -   no menu entry of zorin os after reinstalling grub (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/657898-no-menu-entry-zorin-os-after-reinstalling-grub.html)

Anees Aboobacker 04-20-2012 06:02 AM

no menu entry of zorin os after reinstalling grub

I am using zorin os 5.2 64b.I lost grub after installing windows 7.I used live cd of zorin os and from live session I installed boot-repair and recovered grub using recommended options.When rebooted the system,there was only menu entry of windows 7 and no entry of zorin os in grub2.Please suggest solutions to recover zorin or manually adding menu entry of zorin

Nils Kassube 04-20-2012 07:17 AM

Anees Aboobacker wrote:
> I am using zorin os 5.2 64b.I lost grub after installing windows 7.I
> used live cd of zorin os and from live session I installed
> boot-repair and recovered grub using recommended options.When
> rebooted the system,there was only menu entry of windows 7 and no
> entry of zorin os in grub2.Please suggest solutions to recover zorin
> or manually adding menu entry of zorin

I have no idea how far zorin differs from Ubuntu but for Ubuntu this
page should help:
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows>

Nils