Old 04-19-2012, 06:42 AM
"J. Bakshi"

Default any tiny webcam viewer to sit at desktop

Dear list,

I have tested my webcam with guvcviwe and the cam is running fine.
Now I like to place a tiny viewer on my desktop which simply
sits at the corner of my desktop and whenever I like I can
record the views. Is there any ?

Thanks

Old 04-20-2012, 05:50 AM
John D Lamb

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 12:12 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have tested my webcam with guvcviwe and the cam is running fine.
> Now I like to place a tiny viewer on my desktop which simply
> sits at the corner of my desktop and whenever I like I can
> record the views. Is there any ?

Have you tried Cheese? Or is this not small enough? or not what you’re
looking for?

--
John D Lamb

Old 04-20-2012, 06:06 AM
"J. Bakshi"

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:50:11 +0100
John D Lamb <J.D.Lamb@btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 12:12 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > I have tested my webcam with guvcviwe and the cam is running fine.
> > Now I like to place a tiny viewer on my desktop which simply
> > sits at the corner of my desktop and whenever I like I can
> > record the views. Is there any ?
>
> Have you tried Cheese? Or is this not small enough? or not what you’re
> looking for?

Ok, let me try it.
Thanks

Old 04-20-2012, 10:08 AM
"J. Bakshi"

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:36:01 +0530
"J. Bakshi" <bakshi12@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:50:11 +0100
> John D Lamb <J.D.Lamb@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 12:12 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> > > Dear list,
> > >
> > > I have tested my webcam with guvcviwe and the cam is running fine.
> > > Now I like to place a tiny viewer on my desktop which simply
> > > sits at the corner of my desktop and whenever I like I can
> > > record the views. Is there any ?
> >
> > Have you tried Cheese? Or is this not small enough? or not what you’re
> > looking for?
> >

> Ok, let me try it.
> Thanks

Tried it, can't resize the window small enough to place at a corner.
It always maintain a huge width. But I like the tool, though it doesn't
match with my requirement. I have added it into my tool collection.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:24 PM
"J. Bakshi"

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:14:45 +0200
<Lucas.Betschart@crypto.ch> wrote:

> >Tried it, can't resize the window small enough to place at a corner.
> >It always maintain a huge width. But I like the tool, though it doesn't match with my requirement. I have added it into my tool collection.
>
> ---------
>
> Maybe you can access your webcam through Firefox (browser)?
> If its a network cam.

No it is inbuilt into the laptop