Old 04-15-2012, 11:50 PM
stan

Default Upgrade Acrer Aspire 5100 to 11.04 and wireless card not working

Replying to my own email here so it will get in the archive.

Girst I upgraded to 11.10, not 11.04. Second further Googling revelaed:

http://nfolamp.wordpress.com/2011/10/15/ubuntu-11-10-getting-wireless-bcm4311-working/

Following tthe directions it it to install the firmware loader for tthis
chip, and delete teh incorect module, resulted in working wireless on this
machine again.

Thanks to all the people that makje this system work so well!