Old 04-15-2012, 01:35 PM
"compdoc"

Default Virtual Box with Win 7 possible at *Ubuntu running at a laptop with 2 GB RAM?

>• to leave the RAM usage settings at 512 MB most of the time;
>• to change the RAM usage settings to 1 GB at the occasion of each "back and forth" working session;
*
Do you mean 512 MB for Windows 7? That seems small. Microsoft says minimum requirements are: 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
*
*
>My question is: can I act like this without wrecking up or damaging something?
*
I don’t think you will damage anything. Windows may crash and you might lose a document you are working on, but if it does just make adjustments.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:40 PM
"compdoc"

> I set the RAM usage sessions in Virtual Box back to 512 MB, while I shut down Windows and power it off
*
There's no need to change memory settings when you shut down Windows. It uses none when its turn off.
*
*