Old 04-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Graham Watkins

Default Thunderbird Upgrade - Should I?

Hi all,

I'm getting a nagging message on Thunderbird telling me to upgrade to
the latest version as the one I'm using will soon no longer be
supported. I've downloaded the tarball for 11.01 from Mozilla but I am
filled with foreboding. Is it safe to install this over the top of my
existing Thunderbird installation or am I likely to trash something
and/or lose all my mail?

Might it be safer to leave things alone until I decide to upgrade my
entire system? I'm using Ubuntu 10.4.

Cheers,

Graham