Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Florin Andrei

Default chrome update fails

Running google-chrome-stable on Ubuntu 11.04. There's an update to major
version 18 available today. I launch the update manager, click install
updates, and I get an error:

######################################
Requires installation of untrusted packages

The action would require the installation of packages from not
authenticated sources.

Details:

google-chrome-stable
#######################################

Anyone knows what's going on? Chrome updates worked well until today.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/

Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Sam Sebastian

I think that i mentioned this in a pervious email but these errors can
be fixed by running
"sudo apt-key" and that should tell you what is wrong with the system
and how to fix it. This is usually (to the best of my knowledge)
because the ubuntu repositories update their verification signatures
or something along those lines and the ones that you have stored on
your computer at home don't match the ones on the repository server

Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 AM
Sam Sebastian

Okay the exact command to run taht should fix it is "sudo apt-key update" if that doesn't do it id try to download the deb from google direct and see if that doesn't fix it

!!!!!!!!!! Have youtried running sudo apt-get update? I tried to upgrade earlier and I got a 404 on the download file but after updating it fixed itself

I apologize for the typing etc. On my phome atm

Old 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Florin Andrei

Today, the update mysteriously started working again. I assume it was a
key snafu at Google that got fixed quickly.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/