Old 04-05-2008, 03:56 AM
"semaj"

Default Ubuntu 7.10 IBM T60p laptop Power saving settings problem

*

When I boot to Ubuntu mostly stock only when on battery
power the screen dims after 2 or 5 minutes. It dims so dark I cant use
it.* I can change the screen brightness again using FN + HOME keys but it
will revert again. How do* I set the screen to full brightness by default
even on battery?

*

Also when I run windows I get 3 to 4 hours of battery life
and on UBUNTU I get 1:30 to 2 hours doing the exact same work.* I know ibm
makes drivers for Open suse called SLED10 I think but is there anything for IBM
or do I need to look at OpenSUSE to utilize power management?

*

Thanks

Jim

Old 04-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Florian Diesch

"semaj" <semaj3000@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When I boot to Ubuntu mostly stock only when on battery power the screen
> dims after 2 or 5 minutes. It dims so dark I cant use it. I can change the
> screen brightness again using FN + HOME keys but it will revert again. How
> do I set the screen to full brightness by default even on battery?
>
> Also when I run windows I get 3 to 4 hours of battery life and on UBUNTU I
> get 1:30 to 2 hours doing the exact same work. I know ibm makes drivers for
> Open suse called SLED10 I think but is there anything for IBM or do I need
> to look at OpenSUSE to utilize power management?

Maybe <http://www.thinkwiki.org/> can help you.

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>