Old 04-05-2008, 12:06 AM
"Jayakandan Velaswamy"

Default Update manager problem

Dear Kirill

Sure. In my system I had installed firehol and had the following lines
for using squid and dansguardian.

Before modification my config file for firehol was like below
--------------------------------
transparent_squid 8080 "proxy squid"
iptables -t filter -I OUTPUT -d 127.0.0.1 -p tcp --dport 3128 -m owner
! --uid-owner dansguardian -j DROP
#Accept all client traffic on any interface

interface any world
policy drop
protection strong
client all accept
server samba accept
server ssh
I have commented the first line as below then I did not get any issues.
#transparent_squid 8080 "proxy squid".

After changing the above, my update manager started working.

But I don't know the root cause as why this statement caused the problem.

Appreciate if you could explain as why this caused the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Jayakandan