Old 04-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Manfred Moser

Default maven2: maven invoker plugin cant find mvn command

Package: maven2
Version: 2.0.8-4
Severity: normal

When using the maven invoker plugin in a build together with the debian
maven package it bombs out with a nullpointerexception. The invoker
plugin assumes that it can find the mvn command in M2_HOME/bin. This is
not the case with the debian package.

I have filed a JIRA issue against the invoker plugin here
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINVOKER-28

However this problem might affect other plugins as well. I would suggest
to create symlinks to the mvn command in the /usr/share/maven2/bin to
the /usr/bin/mvn and any other files that live in the bin folder in the
apache package and have been moved.

Just in terms of system info. I am using the debian package from testing
on Ubuntu...

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT prefers gutsy-updates
APT policy: (500, 'gutsy-updates'), (500, 'gutsy-security'), (500, 'gutsy'), (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.22-14-386
Locale: LANG=en_CA.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_CA.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages maven2 depends on:
ii libcommons-cli-java 1.1-1 API for working with the command l
ii libdoxia-java 1.0-alpha-7-1 a powerful content generation fram
ii libjsch-java 0.1.37-2 java secure channel
ii libjtidy-java 7+svn20070309-1 a Java port of HTML Tidy, a HTML s
ii libplexus-interactivity- 1.0-alpha-6-2 interactivity API for the Plexus f
ii libplexus-utils-java 1:1.4.8-1 utilities for the Plexus framework
ii libwagon-java 1.0-beta-2-2 tools to manage Maven artifacts an
ii libxalan2-java 2.7.1-1 XSL Transformations (XSLT) process

maven2 recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information

Old 04-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Derek Broughton

Manfred Moser wrote:

> Package: maven2
> Version: 2.0.8-4
> Severity: normal
>

> When using the maven invoker plugin in a build together with the debian
> maven package it bombs out with a nullpointerexception. The invoker
> plugin assumes that it can find the mvn command in M2_HOME/bin. This is
> not the case with the debian package.

I don't think that's right. Isn't the bin directory $M2? I'm pretty sure
the system I installed yesterday (which I can't reach right now), has:

export M2_HOME=/home/derek/apache-maven-2.0.8/maven
export M2=$M2_HOME/bin

in my .bash_profile.

So it should work for you if M2 is the debian bin directory.

That said, I found trying to use Maven2 from Ubuntu was a lost cause.
What's the point? It's going to download billions of bytes of unpackaged
software, anyway.