Old 04-04-2008, 10:40 PM
thufir

Default Asus Eee PC and Ubuntu

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:35:02 -0400, Eric Dunbar wrote:

> I regularly lug around textbooks that are twice the size and weight of
> this tiny laptop.

Maybe someday they'll just put those books onto the asus e pc

But, how will the publishers make money? That raises the DRM spectre

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/terms/terms/index.htm

-Thufir

Old 04-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Derek Broughton

thufir wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:35:02 -0400, Eric Dunbar wrote:
>
>> I regularly lug around textbooks that are twice the size and weight of
>> this tiny laptop.
>

> Maybe someday they'll just put those books onto the asus e pc
>
> But, how will the publishers make money? That raises the DRM spectre
>
> http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/terms/terms/index.htm

Well, I bought Martin Aspeli's excellent "Professional Plone Programming" -
the first computer text I've bought in near a decade (outside the ones
required for courses I've taken) - in PDF format. Since I know two other
people who've bought it (one in paper, one electronic), rather than badger
me for a copy, I guess it can't be too bad a way to sell a book.
--
derek