Old 03-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Billie Walsh

Default astrology softwares in repos

On 03/09/2012 08:42 AM, Liam Proven wrote:

On 9 March 2012 03:24, Tapas Mishra<mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:

Well this link
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Astrology
mentions about astrolog package ,sudo apt-get
I found it missing from repos

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=astrolog&searchon=names&suite=onei ric&section=all

Is compiling from sources the only way or I missed to search some thing
else?

You do realise that astrology is absolutely-cast-iron guaranteed 100%
bogus, without /any/ element of truth or validity whatsoever? It has
been studied and tested exhaustively; it is pure superstition with
absolutely no basis in fact at all.

And your point is???????????

If the person wants to have an astrology program what's it to
you?????????????

--
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain
the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the

- Patrick Henry -

_ _... ..._ _
_._ ._ ..... ._.. ... .._

Old 03-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Liam Proven

On 9 March 2012 17:30, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh@swbell.net> wrote:
> On 03/09/2012 08:42 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
>>
>> On 9 March 2012 03:24, Tapas Mishra<mightydreams@gmail.com> *wrote:
>>>
>>> Well this link
>>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Astrology
>>> mentions about astrolog package ,sudo apt-get
>>> I found it missing from repos
>>>

>>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=astrolog&searchon=names&suite=onei ric&section=all
>>>
>>> Is compiling from sources the only way or I missed to search some thing
>>> else?
>>

>> You do realise that astrology is absolutely-cast-iron guaranteed 100%
>> bogus, without /any/ element of truth or validity whatsoever? It has
>> been studied and tested exhaustively; it is pure superstition with
>> absolutely no basis in fact at all.
>>

> And your point is???????????
>
> If the person wants to have an astrology program what's it to
> you?????????????

More than one exclamation mark is generally regarded as a sign of
insanity. I don't know what 8 to 10 of them means, but it's not a good
sign.

As has been pointed out, this is not the place for the debate.

But to answer your question: what it is to me is that the charlatans
and frauds who practice this completely false and bogus thing are
ripping people off. It is a scam, a lie, and helping to protect people
from being defrauded is generally regarded as a good thing.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 AM
Ric Moore

[...]

Well, that could also be attributed to any belief system but, as one
ancient mystic noted, "Whatever floats your boat." Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Amedee Van Gasse

[...]

One could say that every astrology software would contain bugs.
On the other hand if someone just has some weird kind of OCD and likes
to know when certain planets are aligned, then I would suggest astroNOMY
software. There are loads of those, I'd suggest to take a look at Celestia.

Oh and I agree on the whole "multiple exclamation marks = insanity"
argument. Please roll a 12-sided dice to determine your insanity points.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Billie Walsh

[...]

There's a couple points:

1.) I know I'm crazy and I have the shrinks papers to prove it.

2.) I didn't use any "exclamation points". If you clean your glass's you
might see that they are question marks. *<]D

I think we can agree that for the most part astrology is bunk. HOWEVER,
just as an example, someone reads their horoscope and it says that they
should be extra careful today. It's a bad day for them. On the way to
work, with the horoscope in mind, they make choices that err on the side
of caution in traffic instead of the, shall we say, less careful
choices. All day long they make more careful choices and arrive back
home safe and sound. I would say that just possibly the horoscope did
work. IF the person had made the more dangerous choices he might have
been in an accident and killed, or someone else might have been hurt by
his choice. If the person hadn't read their horoscope and made the same
choices they would have wound up in the same place as he did, so.........

Back to my point, if someone wants astrology software on their computer
that's completely up to them and no one else's business.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Avi Greenbury

*dons moderator hat*

Liam Proven wrote:
> As has been pointed out, this is not the place for the debate.

Exactly. Let's stop having it now, please?

--
Avi

Old 03-11-2012, 10:51 PM
NoOp

On 03/08/2012 07:24 PM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> Well this link
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Astrology
> mentions about astrolog package ,sudo apt-get
> I found it missing from repos
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=astrolog&searchon=names&suite=onei ric&section=all
>
> Is compiling from sources the only way or I missed to search some thing
> else?

<http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/astrolog>
Download the package for your architecture, install the downloaded .deb
as you would any other & from a terminal:

$ astrolog

Works as stated in 10.10, 11.04., 11.10, and 12.04 beta1.

If you'd rather have click & clack, then download the Windows version
and run from Wine.
http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/astfile.htm

Old 03-12-2012, 02:34 AM
Tapas Mishra

Download the package for your architecture, install the downloaded .deb

as you would any other & from a terminal:

Well here I don't see any .deb file only sources.*
--

ॐ साम्ब सदा शिवाय*नमः**ूतनाथ जी की*जय*

Old 03-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Tapas Mishra

Download the package for your architecture, install the downloaded .deb

as you would any other & from a terminal:

Ok I got it great.This works.-----------------------

ॐ साम्ब सदा शिवाय*नमः**ूतनाथ जी की*जय*

Old 03-12-2012, 03:09 AM
Johnny

Download the package for your architecture, install the
downloaded .deb

as you would any other & from a terminal:

Well here I don't see any .deb file only sources.*

--

ॐ साम्ब सदा शिवाय*नमः*
*ूतनाथ जी की*जय*

There is a lot here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Astrology .